I enjoyed watching David's Top 10 Time-saving Tech Tips and found myself reading the transcript to be sure that I didn't miss anything since he went through them so quickly. I didn't know that you could use the spacebar to scroll down a webpage. My school laptop has a touchscreen, so normally I would use that to scroll up and down on websites. I was also not aware that hitting the B or the W keys would black out or white out the screen. Definitely something I'll use in class!
I oftentimes use a lot of control+____ shortcuts on my computer. The basics, ctrl+c for copy, ctrl+v for paste, and ctrl+z for undo, etc.
I really like using ctrl+f to find specific phrases or words in a piece of text as well. Combing ctrl+f with the replace option in Google Docs or Microsoft Word is also a major time saver for me. I use it when I am creating multiple copies of very similar documents that have a few minor words that need to be changed, like names for instance. I use it to in a matter of seconds, change all of the copies of the same word, even if there are 50 with just a few clicks on the keyboard.
I'm sure there are other shortcuts I use as well, these are just the ones that popped into mind first!
No comments:
Post a Comment